Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a little Windsurfing action!

I can't remember the last time I went windsurfing. I think it was like...way back in 2008, or some damn thing. With renovating the house, coaching little league, working like dog, fishing, etc. etc. it just got away from me. Well, enough is enough! on June 6, I grabbed my gear and went to a friend's house who has access to the Chesapeake Bay in York. I didn't check the wind data but it was windy, very windy. Anyhow, it was a blast and I want to do it again soon!

I also realized how out of shape I'm in. I'm pretty sure that every major muscle group in my body had some degree of soreness the next day. Beats the hell out of the gym!

Photobucket

2 comments:

James Douglass said...

Nice, dude! Looks like you have the daggerboard down in that picture?

Paul Richardson said...

I had it down when I was trying to go upwind. I did have it down some going downwind. I also slid the mast back and raised the daggerboard to go like mach 2. That was awesome! One thing I forgot was the rule of thumb for determining boom height. Can you remind me?
Thanks!